The High School Admission Process
Dear 8th Grade Families,
Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your summer. As your child’s School Guidance Counselor, I will be your primary point of contact and will work with you and your child throughout the year on the high school admission process.
Last Spring I met with all 7th grade students for a 1:1 HS session. This Fall I will meet with parents and their child together to continue the discussion and prepare for the high school application process. I will be sending out a sign up email for the 1:1 HS sessions soon.
It is important to research high schools to find which ones are right for your child. The New York City High School Directory shows all public district high schools and programs. The following are additional resources to help with researching the high school that best fits your child:
- NYC DOE HS Citywide Directory
- Specialized HS Handbook
- NYC School Finder (http://schoolfinder.nyc.gov)
- Travel Time and Travel Directions — www.mta.info
- Some High Schools to Consider on BSI’s website under the Middle School Guidance Tab (updates on this year open houses, tours, assessments etc…)
- Middle School Guidance 8th Grade on BSI’s website.
I will continue to communicate with you throughout the process, so please look out for any High School information I send. Many of my emails will consist of time sensitive information. I’m excited about working with you and your child as you navigate the High School Admission process. It’s going to be an awesome school year!
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
All the Best,