Have you ever wondered what Brooklyn would have been like 400 years ago? The following are maps that we looked as a class to compare past and present. Landfill took away the brooks and streams that ran into Jamaica Bay.
Last week we went to a restored Salt Marsh. This is what they are.
Take a look at what we saw!
- PTC are scheduled for this Thursday
- I added more vocabulary to Vocabulary.com. The kids are having so much fun with it. I wonder who is the top student today?
- A student told me about a great podcast for kids. It is on NPR and is called Big Wow Kids. It looks awesome and hope to figure out a way to use it in the classroom. https://radioink.com/2017/11/07/npr-podcast-big-wow-kids
- 1 box of Scholastic orders came. If your child did not receive his or her books it means that it will probably arrive in the next 2 separate shipments.
- We ended our first reading unit and will begin Nonfiction reading on Monday and Commentary writing or opinion essay writing, the same day. The publish date for this will be added to School Loop. The tentative date is December 15th for publishing. Get your kid excited about issues our world faces. Read newspaper articles, listen to podcasts, and generally talk with your kids about issues that matter to your family.