401 Blog: Week of 1/14/19
Here is what is coming up in class this week:
- We have finished up our realistic fiction writing unit. I am so proud of all the work our students put into their writing pieces. I will be reading and grading their work over the next week (all told, their are around a 100 pages!).
- This week we will be circling back to grammar work, specifically sentence structure. We will also has some time for some free creative writing.
- Last week we were discussing our division tool box (our mental archive to store strategies for division). We will continue discussing how to select the strategy that works best for each type of division problem we might encounter.
- We will also continue working on multi step word problems.
- We will continue reading The One and Only Ivan during read aloud.
- I will also begin the next round of reading assessments. These assessments normally take about 2 weeks to complete.
- We will continue our unit: Colonial and Revolutionary America. This week we will be learning more about the original 13 colonies, as well as the goods and services they produced.
- On Friday we will have a quiz on what we have learned in the unit so far. I will post a study sheet on school loop, but here is a quick overview of what will be on the test:
- The reasons why colonists choose to come to America.
- The reasons why explorers choose to explore.
- The names of all 13 colonies.
You must be logged in to post a comment.