Dear BSI Families,
Our Block Space (located inside of the 3rd floor shared campus library) is up and running! Ms. Micara’s kindergarten class is signed up for it this week. Teachers will be able to sign up their class to use the block space on a weekly basis. The students’ first week experience is tailored around learning by doing/working on:
- block language/vocabulary
- how to pick up blocks when cleaning up “pick-up meeting”
- letting our imagination run wild and making our ideas come to life
- collaboration and free exploration in small groups
- building and creating
- teamwork and collective thinking
YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU BUILD WITH BLOCKS!
Check out some pictures below!
Teachers will continue to sign-up and utilize the block space in conjunction with their current units and projects.
Please be sure to visit and take a peek if you are in the building for Parent-Teacher- Conferences today! (3rd floor Library)
“Childhood’s work is learning, and it is in his play…that the child works at his job. The freest child is the child who is most interested in what he is doing, and at whose hand are the materials for his work or play.”