Gr 2 Final Blog 6/18
We cannot believe we are writing our last blog post for the year. We just want to take a few minutes and thank you again for your continuous support throughout the year. Our kids made great strides this year and are ready for third grade! We could not have done it without you!
- Reading: Have your child read every night for at least 20 minutes. Make sure they are reading a variety of books (fiction and nonfiction) that are appropriate for their individual needs. Remember it is not about what level they are on but how deeply they are understanding what they are reading. Also, have your child read out loud to you or a sibling. This will help to improve their fluency.
- Writing: Have your child write in a journal or notebook at least 3x a week. They can write a made up story or write about all of the exciting things they are doing over the summer. This will keep them stay in the habit of writing and help prepare for third grade as there will be more at-home independent work the students will be responsible for.
- Web Resources:
- Visit MoMath in Manhattan
- Download the bedtime math app
- Explore the math that comes up naturally in your everyday lives when you are traveling, shopping, and cooking
This week we will begin to send work home with your child. We will be sending a little at a time so that it is not too heavy for the children that commute to and from school on the bus. Notebooks will be sent home on Thursday/Friday.
- On Wednesday, June 20th at 10:30am in Seth Low Park we will be having out End of Year Picnic. If you plan to take your child home after the celebration, please make sure that you fill out a ‘Change of Dismissal’.
- On Friday (6/22) and Monday (6/25) students can bring in a board game to play during choice time! It is their responsibility to make sure that all of the pieces return home with them.
Again, thank you for a wonderful year. It has been a privilege to be part of your children’s lives, and we look forward to hearing about their continued growth next year.
Have a great summer with your families.
Ms. Mathis and Ms. Anne